Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Potato Pohe



I like to have different type of breakfast every morning and I always enjoyed those traditional breakfast dishes which my mum used to make. So now when I have my own family, I make sure to make those dishes even though it requires kinda little more planning and effort compare to Eggs and Bread.

People have their own style of making Pohe like Onion Pohe, Potato Pohe.. In south people use grated coconut in their Pohe dish.. I have tried all different style in the beginning and came with an improvised version which my family enjoys now.

So here is my version of Potato Pohe:

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups Medium to Thick Poha( washed and drained in a hole plate. After sometime add little salt and mix gently)
2 Green chillies slit
2 Onions sliced
1 big Potato boiled and cut in cubes
1 small tomato ( remove the seeds and juice and chop in small pieces)
few Curry leaves
2-3 tsp Peanuts
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
Salt as per taste
2 tsp Lemon juice
few strands of Coriander leaves chopped

Method

Heat 4 tsp oil in a vessel, add peanuts and let it become crisp, remove and keep it aside. Now in the same oil add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add curry leaves , green chillies and fry for few seconds. Then add Onion and fry till golden brown. Add turmeric powder and potatoes and mix well. Let it fry for few seconds and then add salt and sugar and  little water(2 tsp) and mix well. Now add Poha, tomato, coriander leaves, fried peanuts and mix well, close the lid of the vessel and let it cook for 2 minutes in slow flame. Mix again and add lemon juice and switch off the flame. Keep it covered for sometime before serving.

Enjoy!!!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment